Monday, October 15, 2012

It's A Girl!!

     So, as many of you know, Gordon and I are having a little girlie. We are super excited. We do have a name picked out, but it’s not written in stone yet. We’re probably going to wait until she is born to make it final. We really love the name we've picked, but I've heard too many stories of people who “knew” what they were going to name their child, but once they looked at them, thought, “ This kid isn’t a…” So we shall see.Anyway, things are going really great with the pregnancy. According to the 20 week ultrasound, she is about 3 days smaller than she “should be” according to her due date, but everything looked in good order.
     There are some days where I can't believe how quickly time has gone, but others when I'm thinking "I'm only half way through this?" Yesterday was one of those days. I'm 21.5 weeks along and I was so uncomfortable. I thought I had a few more weeks before feeling like that, but I guess the worst is still yet to come. I wasn't suffering EXTREME discomfort, but when I was sitting at church, I felt like I had no circulation. I wanted to get up and walk around like every 15 min. (I didn't, but it would have been nice.) Then later when Gordon and I we watching a movie with some friends, I couldn't find a comfortable position for the life of me. I had never felt so pregnant.
     There are actually some moments where I almost forget I'm pregnant because I feel so normal. The first trimester was a breeze for me. I only got a little nauseous when I'd get hungry, but I was SUPER lucky to have not thrown up. I just need to remember that on days like yesterday because I would much rather be uncomfortable than sick.
     Anyway, I'm so excited for this little lady. She is worth anything this pregnancy throws at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment