Friday, September 28, 2012

First One on the Blog



     Well hello again world! From now on, you can find most of my blog posts here. I might still have my occasional rant on my other blog, but in that case, I'll post a link on here. Anyway, as I'm sure you know if you are reading this, Gordon and I are going to be having a baby, due Feb 21 2013. We are so incredibly excited! It was an interesting thing though because as my close friends and family know, I’ve always loved kids and wanted to be a young mom. My plan was to be married for one year, then get pregnant and have another nine months before I’m officially a parent. I didn’t think that was a long time to wait, but that it would give me enough time to get used to being a wife before I would become a mother.
     Shortly after Gordon and I got married, he started talking about kids. He already knew I wanted to wait a year before getting pregnant, but still suggested that we pray about it. Well the answer that we both got was basically “the sooner the better.” So that’s what we did. My mom can attest to the fact that I started freaking out. I had no clue why Heavenly Father wants Gordon and me to become parents so soon. I wasn't trying to put off having kids. I didn't think a year was a long time to wait for this stage in our lives. Not only will we not be waiting a year to become pregnant, our baby will be about 2 months old for our first anniversary. 
     Well, on the evening of June 12th, I was at home alone, Gordon was at work, and I decided to take a pregnancy test. The first one I did, looked like it had a faint second line (meaning positive), but I wasn't sure if I was just seeing it because I wanted to see it, so I used a digital test that came up saying, "Pregnant". I was so excited! After a moment of celebrating with myself, and taking a picture of the test not being sure how long the battery would last on it, I knelt down and said a prayer of gratitude. 
     
How I told him:
     I have known how I was going to tell Gordon I was pregnant since he proposed to me. If you haven't read that story, you might want to. Here is the link How He Proposed. Just read the blue lettering. You don't need the whole long story to understand. Anyway, once we knew we were supposed to become parents soon, I went and bought a box that you might give a watch or bracelet in. I went to go find that box, and I put the test in screen side up, and hid it in my purse. When he got home from work, I suggested that we go on a drive. I wanted to drive, so I wouldn't have to tell him where I wanted to take him so it wouldn't be a dead give away, but he drove so I had to tell him that I wanted to go to the look out where he proposed to me. Having the luck that I have, there was construction blocking the road to the look-out from the direction we were coming. But I was insistent that we go to the look out. So I told him how to get there from another direction. By this point, I was sure he knew what I was up to but was just humoring me and going along with it. Anyway, we finally got up there and I was like "so six kids huh?" He smiled and let me go on. So I said  "I wanna share a segment of my Patriarchal blessing with you." I pulled a copy out of my purse and read the part about me having kids and his role as a father etc. Then I asked, "Are you ready to be that person?" as I pulled out the box with the test in it and opened it up. He instantly started crying (happy tears) but I wont share too much on that to spare him the embarrassment. Anyway, we sent the picture of the test to our parents and went home. :)

1 comment: