So my friend Laura is pregnant. She’s
about 7 weeks ahead of me. Anyway, she posts pregnancy updates on her blog http://dereklaurapower.blogspot.com
and I thought it was such a cute and organized idea that I decided to copy her.
So here it goes.
How Far Along: 21.5 weeks
Size of the Baby: She’s
supposedly about 10.5 in long and weighs about ¾ lb. so she’s still itty bitty.
Weight gain/loss: The thing
is, We don’t have a flat, hard floor in our home so every time I weigh myself,
it’s different by about 3+ lbs. but at my last Dr. apt I was up 12 lbs from pre-pregnancy.
I know it sounds like a lot, and it is, but it’s “normal” or below normal weight
gain. I’m just hoping I don’t gain as much as my mom did with her first.
Sleep: Sleep hasn’t been too much of an
issue for me through most of the pregnancy other than having to get up to use
the bathroom. But last night was a nightmare. It’s been weird sleeping on my
left side. I don’t know why it’s so much harder than my right, but I have a rib
out of place on my left and need to get adjusted very badly so last night was
just painful.
Best Moment of the Week: This week
has been pretty great. We had fall break, carved pumpkins with some friends,
played games with the fam, celebrated my sister’s birthday, my FAFSA came
through and now I’m just waiting for my check. It’s been good! Best baby moment
of the week was feeling the little lady kick from the outside. I woke Gordon up
so he could feel it because I knew he wouldn’t want to miss it. I’m glad I woke
him up for it because I haven’t felt it since, and it’s been a few days.
Movement: Off and on. Sometimes she is going crazy and I LOVE
it, but sometimes I’m not even sure if I just felt her or something in my
stomach. There are some days where I go most of the day without feeling
anything. I don’t like those days.
Symptoms: PREGNANT BRAIN!!
It has been getting worse and worse. It makes school so much harder. I’ve
become dyslexic or something. I read things backwards, say things backwards,
remember things incorrectly, it’s been a struggle for me.
Food Cravings: I’ve never been much of a milk
drinker, but I love drinking non-skim milk. I try to keep it to 1% but
occasionally indulge and have some 2%.
Belly Button - In or Out?: Such a weird question but still
in. And I’m hoping it stays that way. I can even handle flat belly button, but
I so badly don’t want an outtie.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Usually no. Mostly just smells. Like doing the dishes. That can bring me
to the edge sometimes.
Labor Signs: No, thank heavens!
Wedding ring on or off: On, and I
hope to keep it that way. We got it a little big so I will hopefully be able to
keep it on for all or a large majority of the pregnancy.
What I Miss: This week I
missed 2 things a lot. Working out as intensely as I want to, and tanning. I
loved going tanning. I look so much healthier with some color on my skin. And I
love how warm it makes me. The heat goes deep through my bones. Oh I miss it.
What I am looking forward to: My FAFSA refund! Those of you who have ever paid tuition know how painful
it is.
Nursery: We have a crib, a glider, and a changing
table/dresser that we got off KSL. And we also have an adorable glider cradle.
So excited to rock her to sleep in it.
Emotions: I’ve always been a cry baby, so I haven’t been too
different. I probably cry more often, but I haven’t had any huge explosions of
emotion that I can think of off the top of my head.
Stupid things I have done: Went all of
fall break without doing any homework…. :/
I want to read more of these! Keep posting. You are so adorable pregnant!
ReplyDelete